I often talk about how to take care of your emotional heart, but today I will address your physical heart. Research has found that inflammation in the body can increase your risk of heart disease. Amazingly enough, for the last 100 years heart disease has been and still is the leading cause of death. Therefore, I feel compelled to share this information with you.
Traditional risk factors for heart disease:
- Elevated blood pressure
- Elevated cholesterol
Non-traditional risk factors for heart disease:
- Stress – 6 months after surgery. risk is 20% greater
- Being too thin
- Over exercising – Moderate exercise is better for your heart
- Gingivitis – Bacteria in the blood tells the body it is being invaded
- Sleep apnea – Increases the risk of coronary failure by 3 times
- Arthritis – Risk is the same as if you have diabetes
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – Strongly linked to arteriosclerosis
- Breast atrial calcium
These new findings show us that any kind of stress affects the heart. Inflammation in the body is an indicator of stress. How we negatively think about ourselves creates stress. In conclusion, take care of your body but do not put demands upon it. Think kind thoughts about yourself and others, and it will take care of your heart.
To hear more insights about your health click here.