The other day I performed a practice to open myself to my inner lover which allows me to love myself. Days after this practice much to my surprise I found old friends connecting to me and showering me with adoration and love. Could this have come from this practice? Try it and see what transpires for you.
Recall a time when you felt truly loved, perhaps being cuddled as a child, an embrace from a friend or adoration from a teacher. For me I need to move into my adult life to find the respect and love needed for this exercise. You may also but do not predetermine the memory Allow it to surface on its own. Here is the practice.
- Still your mind, body and thoughts by listening to your breath.
- Observe how the oxygen moves gently in and out of your lungs. If you know Reiki allow your breath to be Reiki love flowing into you from the Universe.
- Recognize a part of your body and allow your breath to flow there and expand. Notice the sensation it creates.
- Recall a time in the past when you felt totally loved, supported and cared for.
- Feel the trust, gentleness and vitality and blend with this feeling.
- Delight in your youthful innocence, vulnerability and openness.
- Progress through time and recall similar moments when you are open and vulnerable. It could even be a sensation you felt in nature.
- Immerse yourself into the scene experiencing all your senses; embrace colors, fragrances, tastes and sounds.
- Place your hands on your heart and let the sensation flow throughout your body.
- Find a word or phrase that expresses this feeling of appreciation you have for yourself in this moment.
- Whisper to yourself, “It feels good to love me,” or a phrase of your own creation. Repeat it until you really feel the pleasure of hearing it. Now say it aloud.
- You have now recognized, connected and claimed your inner lover, the part of you that is self love.
- Bring yourself slowing back to present time and observe how love is reflected to you for the next few days. And then claim that love!
You are worth loving
All classes can be taken in person or online
Healing Share 6130 E. Fair Ave.
August 13, 6:45
September 9 – 6:45 pm
Master Reiki September 3 & 10 5:30 pm – 9:30