Did you ever consider procrastination is associated with low self esteem? The reason people do not begin or complete a task is because they are afraid of doing it wrong. If they never start the project then no one can judge how it was done. So the project just sits in their head and builds on the idea that if it was completed it would not be good enough anyway, so why start.
In order to begin and complete a project you do not need to make more lists either on paper or in your head, you need to open your heart to the acceptance of you. Who you are, how you are of value to the world and that you are worthy of love. This can be done by talking positively to your mind with a quick meditation.
Surprisingly enough meditation is not always about emptying the mind. The value of sitting still during this exercise is to exchange your judging thoughts for uplifting ones. Please follow along:
- Sit in comfortable position; back erect, body warm, eyes closed.
- Use imagery to empty your mind. Give your thoughts color and texture and then drain them out your feet.
- Tune into the sensation of being void of negative mind chatter.
- Create a picture for each quality you want to regain and fill your body with these images.
- Picture and feel yourself moving while doing your activity.
- Imagine your smiling face looking at your completed, well-done project.
- The faces of others complementing you on your success.
- Celebrating what this design will give you.
There is no time requirements for this process. You will feel it in your body when your meditation is complete. If you would like to practice meditation with the support of a guide and the combined intention of a group join me on April 4th for a meditation practice. It’s short, it’s efficient, and it will be designed just for you.
In the peace and stillness of the Light